So, you need braces—or do you? If you have a mild to moderate orthodontic problem, chances are braces are not needed. Yes, you still need to correct your smile, but you have another option: Invisalign.
Invisalign: The Basics
Invisalign is an alternative to braces. Rather than uses brackets and wires, it uses clear plastic aligners. These aligners look similar to tooth whitening trays but their plastic is firm enough to apply pressure to the teeth. Every aligner is made just for you based on your unique needs. They are given to you in a series, and as you change to the next in the series, your teeth move a little bit more. Within an average of 18 months, your teeth will be in their ideal locations.
Why People Love Invisalign
Patients love using Invisalign because it offers significant benefits when compared to fixed appliances. These benefits include:
- It is fully invisible when worn
- It can be removed for eating and drinking
- It does not require a new approach to brushing and flossing
- It is comfortable because the plastic is smooth
- It requires fewer office visits because you make the adjustments when you switch aligners
- It shows you the final result before treatment begins
If these benefits sound amazing to you, then it is time to find out more. Schedule a consultation so we can determine if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.
For more information on Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website.